Mold grows in damp cold areas, like basements because spores thrive on moisture. If you have ever found mold on your walls, you want it to be removed as quickly and easily as possible. Live and dead mold spores can affect your family’s health. Not to mention the odors that will infiltrate the area. These can seep into other living areas of the home like bedrooms and kitchens and become problematic and nauseating to inhabitants and guests.
Avoid the health risks and the awful smell associated with mold. You can wash mold with some common household items and some spare minutes. Here’s how to wash mold away from you basement walls:
Things You’ll Need
- Scrubbing brush
- Mix 2 tbsp. of dish soap into 1 gallon of warm water.
- Wet the entire moldy area in order to reduce the amount of spores you’ll release when cleaning.
- Use the scrub brush to clean off the mold.
- Empty the bucket.
- Mix 1 part bleach to 4 parts water and spread over the moldy area. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the solution off with clean, warm water.
- Use a fan to dry the area.
Follow these steps for a mold free basement. You will enjoy a safer odorless home in no time!